POPPYPETAL.ORG | Forum | A Poppy Montgomery fan community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

8/27/09 - "I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MY OWN SHOW !"

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Feerie21

Feerie21
Hollywood Star

Hey ! I took a few hours yesterday and today to translate Poppy's interview from FHM France. (Thanks to Ruth for her help !) It is a really great interview, and a long one, so I couldn't at the whole thing in this update, To read the full interview just click on "leave a comment". Enjoy.

8/27/09 - "I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MY OWN SHOW !" Point
In Without a Trace, she is Sam Spade. In real life, she is just Poppy Montgomery. And we like her even more this way.

After seven years and 160 episodes, Without a Trace won't be back next year, CBS decied to cancelled the show. So we won't see much of Poppy Montgomery aka Samantha Spade in our small screen. But it doesn't mean that the beautiful Australian, born in 1975, has an empty plate. She is currently filming a tv movie in Canda, The Cinderella Pact where she plays an overweight girl. "I'll have to wear a fat suit. My character decided to change her life and find the man of her dream. It's going to be fun and so different from Without a Trace that was a really serious show!"

So, no regrets ?
I've got regrets everyday. For exemple I regret eating this huge piece of chocolate yesterday! But I don't spend a lot of time on my regrets. I have dreams, small ones and big ones. I would like to have my own show, and produce projects. One of my dreams is to come to France, to visit Paris. I want to drink wine, smoke a cigarette while driving a convertible car... I am really working hard these days. I don't even have time to go to the cinema, I have to watch them all on DVD, I am overwhelmed !

Overwhelmed but gorgeous ! What's your secret ?
I exercice everyday. And I really watch what I eat. I am really disciplined because I gain weight extremly fast. I am an ice-cream, hamburger and milk-shake fan, everything I am not supposed to eat!

Is Hollywood that obsessed by bodies image ?
I gained 70 pounds when I was pregnant with my son and I was still shooting Without a Trace. But no one bothered me about it... I never received any pressure to get a perfect body, the only pressure I received is mine. Hollywood is not looking for perfection, because perfection is not interesting, some of our greatest actors are imperfect.

8/27/09 - "I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MY OWN SHOW !" Fhm_sept9_inter

8/27/09 - "I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MY OWN SHOW !" Point

Did motherhood change you ?
It necessarily changes your priorities. Things that used to worry me doesn't seem important anymore. Happiness of the people I love is the most important thing now. I am trying so hard to be a happy and healtly person for my children, I want them to grow up in a healthy environment. When I first came to Hollywood, I was trying to be someone I thought people wanted me to be. I was really attached to physical apparences and these kinds of things. I was just so young and a bit silly I guess.

Why did you chose to be actress ?
Actually I have always wanted one thing: an actress.

How does it feel to be call sexy ?
Sometimes I feel sexy and pretty, and other times I don't. Sometimes, I am really happy to go out, and other times I just want to stay at home, stay on my bed and not go anywhere. It's human nature. I am happier now that I am in my thirties. I feel at peace with myself. When I was twenty, I didn't have that much confidence.

Do people recognize you on the street as Samantha Spade ?
When I have a poney tail, they don't. But when my hair is free and I have make up on, they do. I am not a shy person, and usually when people come up to me they are really polite and nice to me. They always have a nice word about the show.

What was it like to be Marilyn in Blonde in 2001 ?
It was fantastic! She was an icon to me when I was a little girl. It's one of these woman who gave me the desire to be an actress. Playing Marilyn in blonde, amazed my and left me puzzled.

Apart from Marilyn Monroe, which other actor is sexy to you ?
Jessica Lange, Kate Winsley and Sean Penn. Talent is sexy. Someone who is good at what he does is really attractive to me.

What's the other qualities of a man are you sensitive to ?
He has to be confident, intelligent and funny : these have the most effect on me, coming after his physical apparence. It is a chemistry thing. I am attracted by someone or I am not. It has to be immediate. If I am not attracted at the first glance, I'll probably never be.

Do you like french men ?
French guys are so hot ! I've never dated anyone french, but I've dreamt of it for years...

What do you talk about when we talk about sex ?
Sex is not unsaid anymore. It certenaly isn't taboo in my world. TV show such as "Sex & the city" help women to speak out about it. My friend and I are really relaxed when we talk about sex, about what we need, about what we want.

What is the sexiest thing you got ?
All my underwears are sexy. I love buying lingerie. I love frillies and thongs. I love buying nice lingerie. I love having gorgeous underwear. It makes me feel sexy everyday.

What does a man have to wear to be sexy ?
I love a classical white shirt, in soft cotton, flexible and relaxed. My tastes are pretty simple. I love James Dean's look on a man : jean and a white shirt.

Do you share your fantasies with your boyfriend ?
Words "dreams" and "fantasy" have so many meanings (laugh). Which one are we talking about ? Sure, I share my hopes and my dreams with him, and even sometimes some of my fantasies, yes.

To conclude, where is your name Poppy is from ?
My parents were hippies, they loved flowers ...

Poppy Montgomery, FHM France, September 2009.
Translation by PoppyPetal.org

Last edited by Feerie21 on 5/2/2010, 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total

http://poppypetal.org

bonetista

bonetista
Marilyn 'Lee' Cross

SEXYYYY!!

bonetista

bonetista
Marilyn 'Lee' Cross

wowww!!

Sponsored content